Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hills, What Hills?

The ride today was I had been planning for a while. We had a nice group to kick it off. It was SS Dan, Ted Logic, Charlie, Mike K, Dennis Smith, Matty T, and myself. Once again we ran into a couple of real Assholes on 926, what the fuck is with these people, do they actually own the road or just think they do. Once we got onto Mill road things calmed down and we could relax and ride. The idea was to have a nice little warm up climb then start hitting some bigger ones, catch a little break in the middle then hit a few really tough climbs at the end. I have to admit, I wasn't feeling my best at the start and was begining to think "this is going to be a long day". After the first couple of climbs I started feeling a little better. Matt, who rode in from Landenberg, was riding really strong today, it seemed like the longer we rode the stronger he got. We made our way to Greenlawn rd, you all know it because it is part of the Tour de Chester. As we were heading down the other side Matt says, "I know another hill we can throw in". So he takes up a nasty little climb that was very similar to the one we just did.

From there we made our way to Frog Hollow rd. After that was the nice flat section along the river. I was talking to Charlie and he says, " my legs are starting to come back". So I said "I guess this means we won't be recovering along here. " Fuck No", and then Charlie took off. Next thing I know we are cruising along at about 28mph. Oh well you know what they say, "No rest for the wicked". We get through the flat not recovery section and start on the hills again. We hit a little one I use for power hill repeats, then it was off to Northbrook. That climb sucks, the only good thing about it, is the smell of fresh baked doughnuts coming from the store at the top. From there we headed to Cannery rd, also part of the Tour de Chester, only we were going the opposite way. It sucks because you have a few good rollers, then a fast downhill to a steep climb. I don't know why but you just can't seem to carry any momentum into that hill. After that we have one more climb, We take a left on 162 and climb all the way to 82. It is about a mile and a half. Lucky for me I got to turn off at my rd and head home. In the end I had 40.5 miles in under 2.5 hours. I think the average was 17 mph. Not bad considering the last time we did a similar loop with out as many hills we averaged 16.2. I got to say everybody seeme to be riding really well right now. This makes me even more excited about this road race.

Well I hope everybody enjoyed my little loop, and I hope it hurt them as much as it hurt me. We will be doing it again.
PS thanks for the little addition Matt, it was a nice one two punch being back to back with Greenlawn.
I must go lie down for a while, so Later

No comments: