Sunday, June 26, 2005

Todays ride seemed to be the opposite for me. It was really hot and yesterday took a toll on me. We had another good group; fatmarc, Brent (mr. smooth), Slick Rick, Matty T on his new Rig, Mike K, Keith G, Todd, and later we picked up John C. Matt was the leader today and he was obviously feeling a lot better. We were flying from the get go and it never slowed down. I wasn't feeling as good today but I was hanging in pretty good. As we headed through White Clay I heard Marc yell "Todd's off", Matt seemed excited by this. I guess that ride yesterday hurt some others as well. We continued to hammer the trails, which are super dry and super fast right now. We hit the boundary trail and Matt was setting a good pace, so good no one could attack, we changed things up a bit for the down hill. We took the illegal trail, it is a really fun down hill I was having a blast going down. We continued through White Clay and made our way to Middle run. I was starting to hurt pretty bad but continued to hang in there. Matt really through down on the last section before we called it quits, and for the first time in a while I found myself getting dropped. I put my head down and pushed, I was determined to stay on. I managed to get back on but it hurt like hell and thank god we were done. It was a great weekend of riding. I love it when we get big groups of really fast people together. It doesn't get any better than this.

Thanks for reading,
Buddy

No comments: