Friday, July 15, 2005

Back In The Groove

After last weeks race I was at a total low point. I have since shaken that off and seem to be back on track. I rode Tuesday night by myself at a steady pace and felt better. I rode last night and felt good in the beginning and felt great at the end. The ride group was Todd, Marc and myself. I met up with Todd across from the fair grounds, it was raining lightly at the time and we almost bagged it. We decided to go for it then Marc called and said he would meet us at the Appleton lot. The trails were a little wet but not really muddy. We started off nice and easy, which is very unusual for Todd. Then we hit the first climb and Todd dropped the hammer. I don't think I have ever gone up that hill that fast before, it hurt quite a bit, but I was able to hang on. We found Marc and headed off again, we were planning to ride the majority of the race course. The pace was fast but steady and I felt pretty good. It was a lot of fun, at one point we were joking around while flying down hill, the next thing I know I am hitting the ground VERY hard. I laid there for a few seconds trying to figure out what hurt and what happened. My front wheel just slid out from under me and I went straight down. I didn't think I would be able to finish the ride, but decided to give it a try. We went on and after a while I was feeling a little better, I guess adrenalin is a greta pain killer. I was not riding very well in the tight twisty stuff, but when we hit the open road climbs I was able to stay on Marc's wheel. That made me feel a lot better. To end the ride Todd jumped back in front and just ripped through the last bit of single track before the fair grounds. I stayed right in line and felt really good. I just hope that bad race is way behind me and I can get on with my season.

Well that's all I have for now so thanks for reading.
Buddy

No comments: