Friday, July 22, 2005

This, That and The Other

It's been a hectic week so I have been out of touch. I have been having problems dealing with the heat this week. The temps around here have been outragous.Matt and I rode Tuesday night but it wasn't a super fast ride. The temperature was around 94 with 90% humidity, this combination makes it hard to exert yourself, hell, it makes it hard to breath. We struggled and suffered for 1:45. I took off Wed. So Rachael and I could go out to dinner. We chose The Kennette Steak and Mushroom, a relatively new place but very good. We have been there a few times already. Rachael had the chicken Chesapeake and I wenr for the Jack Daniels Ribs. Both were very good and extremely plentiful. I would recommend this place to anybody.

Last night I hit the Fair Hill ride. I, as always, got there early and did 30 minutes of riding. The group was small but the ride was still fast. It was Todd Mike K and I. Todd took us on some trails we haven't been on in a while which was really cool. The problem was, even though the humidity was down it was still 95 out, so the heat was tough. I felt pretty good foe the first 1:30, but started to really fade after that. I think the combonattion of the heat and a tough day at work got the best of me. I stuggled at the end of the ride but managed to hang in there, but just barely.

After the ride I was looking forward to the usual cold beverage, but the Police had a speed trap set on Appleton rd and were using the parking lot as the pull over place. So a beer with friends was out. That was OK though, because it was late and I wanted to spend a little time with my wife before just crashing. I must admit I felt really bad after this ride, I mean REALLY BAD. I think it was the heat, at least I hope it was the heat. I will find out tomorrow when I ride with Matt and Marc.

Well it is time for bed now so, thanks for reading,

Buddy

No comments: