Monday, November 28, 2005

Game, What Game?

Sunday rounded out a nice 4 day weekend. It started with a nice group ride at White Clay and Middle Run. Then it was off to the Eagles game. I invited Marcus from Beans to go with me. His only job was to bring the beer and pay for parking. We got to the game with plenty of time and plenty of beer. Joining us at the Tailgate were Jack and his buddy Jeff, John, Justin and Jeremy Thompson along with Justin's friend. We were having a good time talking and drinking. It was time to head in and I noticed we had 1 beer left. I didn't think that was possible but it was. Marcus and I took a beer with us for the stroll into the Linc'. This is when I noticed, Mark was a bit drunk. Little did I know. We made it inside, up the steps, and were on our way to the seats. I told Mark " Wait right here I am going to the bathroom" When I came out he was gone. I looked around, but didn't see him anywhere. I figured He found his way to the seats, so that is where I went. I got there just before kick off and, No Mark. The first quarter goes by and, no Mark. Half way through the 2nd quarter I call his cell phone, no answer. A couple of minutes later I call again, he answers, I ask him where he is. " I am at the truck" is what he tells me. I have no idea why he is outside, but I tell him to come back in. The rest of the game goes by and I never saw Mark.

The Eagles pulled out a win and it was a pretty good game. I was worried about Mark, but I figured he would be OK. I called him again when I was leaving the stadium, "Mark, where are you?" "I am at the car" " Stay right there I am on my way" I was just glad he was alright, I have been in his shoes before so I understood what he was going through. Turns out Mark made some friends in the parking lot and watched the game on TV with them. He doesn't remember going back outside, he doesn't even remember talking to me on the phone. It is real easy to get carried away and not realize how drunk you really are. I am not trying to embarrass the guy, I just think it's afunny story. Besides, by the time we got back to my house mark was fine.

Mark asked me not to right about this, but how could keep this quiet. I mean, it is a little funny. Any way, sorry Mark I had to put it out there.

Thanks for reading,
Buddy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Mark all ready!!!

BC the Doood said...

HA, that reminds me of a buddy in college who used to get trashed and fall asleep on the crapper. He would do this all of the time and never remember it b/c at some point he would get back into his bed. The problem with it though was that it was one of 2 toilets on my floor and he would wake up and punch you if you tried to get him off the pot. It was soo funny!

Frank Brigandi said...

WE used to "double up" Eagles then Flyers with a tip to Hooters or another clothing optional watering hole inbetween. If we were drunk and hungry.. Hotters if we were just drunk and not hungry and the money in our pockets was on fire.. Doll House.... we used to load up Camel backs with Same adams winter lager and stroll in even after a pat down. They couldn;t feel the pack full of beer. I am an f-ing Genius.
Funny story though