Sunday, January 15, 2006

And So It Begins...

I started the Base phase of this years training today. After much debate about what trails would be like or how windy riding the road would be. I decided to hit the trails. Ted Logic and I met up at White Clay. The trails were awesome. Totally frozen and super fast. We managed to keep the pace nice and easy today. There were no hard efforts, in fact I don't think my heart rate got above 165 the whole ride. We only saw a couple of folks running, there were no other mountain bikers out today. That's a shame considering how nice the trails were. Not to mention the wind wasn't an issue in the woods. There was a lot of debris down, but nothing Ted and I couldn't move or go over.

Now I only have about 6 more weeks of base, then the real fun starts.

Rock On,
Buddy

No comments: