Sunday, April 09, 2006

Upon Further Review...

Today was a pretty lazy day. Sure Rachael and I took the dogs for a long walk, but that was about it. I did spend some time thinking about yesterday. A couple of things stuck out. Like Marc said it was an Epic day. In my opinion there is a fine line between being Tough and being Stupid. We spent a lot of time yesterday dancing on that line. The good news is we made the right decision.

My other thought was about friendship. How exactly do you define a friend? Well I don't think there is one answer to that question, but I can tell you this. What Marc and I went through yesterday is one definition. I was ready to call it a day after the 2nd lap, yet Marc kept focused and positive. When Marc was feeling a bit rough I tried to return the favor. I really liked that type of racing format. It is a lot easier to suffer when you have someone else doing it right along with you. I just hope the weather conditions are better next year, because I know we can win that race.

Thanks,
Buddy

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

saw you were over at TIMMP's site

I met timmyp years ago when I was in search of my first 29er
he has a karate monkey
and well
that is the beginning of the story

been to colorado twice since we first met electronically
but did not meet face to face on either visit
not enough time


that said
I try to get over to TimmyP's for some inspiration often enough
he also inspired my blog to take on the image rich style

although we photo very different stuff