Saturday, May 06, 2006

Being Prepared... And Lodi...












I met up with Fitz Thursday for a nice easy ride at White Clay. We are both getting ready for the 12 Hours of Lodi Farms. I am doing it as a duo with Spot Paul, and Fitz is flying solo. We had a pretty good ride, and we ran into all kinds of people out riding; John Cleary, SS Dan, and a couple of Fitzy's buddies. My boy Fitz was trying out his bikes to make sure there were no issues before the race. This is a good idea and shows he being prepared. The only thing he wasn't prepared for was a flat that day. When he flatted he pulls out a road tube and one CO2. I know what it is like, he is looking at the weekend. I can't imagine how stressful it must be trying to prepare for a solo 12 hour race with very little support. None the less I though the road tube thing was pretty funny.

I have been trying to get things together for Lodi. I am really excited about this race. Paul and I should do well, and I am sure we both expect to.

Well I must finish packing, I will let you know how it went.

Cheers
Buddy

No comments: