Monday, October 23, 2006

What Do You Mean You Forgot The Beer...

I am a mountain biker. I do not race cross. However, I have mad respect for those that do, and I do enjoy watching it. On Saturday Tom Mc. put on one of the best cross events in the country. I am proud to be apart of this event, even if my role is designated heckler and clean up. The plan Saturday was for Matt run Forrest, Les the International Man of Mystery and I to sneak in a ride at Brandywine then hang out and enjoy the race and some beers, then make sure everything was cleaned up before we left. Well, the ride was awesome, but when we got back we found out there was NO BEER. Some where along the way it was forgotten. Tom handed me some cash and Les and I took care of the problem. Even though the half keg of Victory Hop Devil only lasted an hour and a half it was a big success.










Katie Compton on her way to the win.

The race was huge. Over 400 racers showed up not to mention some of the top pros in the country. Along with my friend Katie who just happens to be the 2 time national champion. Congrtas to fatmarc on a great weekend of racing. It seemed like all of the locals had a good day, including Slick Rik who took 2nd in the Masters Elite.














Greg, his wife Susie, and Dave, all formerly of Delaware made the trip down for the race. It was really cool to see these guys again.

Sunday was back to normal. Meet Matt at his house ride over to White Clay and pick up the rest of the guys for nice mountain bike ride.












Alan the cleaner riding the latest stunt at White Clay.
Matt getting ready to ride under the new stunt.
Also joining us on the ride were Amazin Andrew, and Fuzzy. It was a great fall ride. the temps were perfect and the trails were in good shape. Not to mention I was feeling a little spunky and managed to get in over 3 hours. Not bad for the off season.
Cheers,
Buddy

2 comments:

forty f15teen said...

mega-props on the hop-devil. i credit its "recovery drink" super-properties for my legs feeling good on sunday.

thanks for the beer run

rob thomas

samantha said...

Thanks for the beer! You saved my day!!!