Monday, November 01, 2010

Home Brew, and Lykens...




Saturday I made my first all grain home brew using my own equipment and with no help.
Yeah my set up isn't all that sophisticated, but it works. My choice was something simple first time around. I went with a Stone Pale Ale clone. For the most part things went well. I did make a little mistake, but it shouldn't be a big deal. Hopefully it turns out and I am enjoying it in about 6 weeks.

Yesterday Fitzy and I made the trip to Lykens where we met up with Keith Old Man Withers, and Ed. The weather was pristine, the trails were awesome, if you like rocks covered with leaves. This was my third trip there, and it is always freakin' awesome. I didn't have great legs, and I seemed to have a tough time in some of the bigger rock gardens, but it was still a lot of fun. Hats off to Fitzy who was rocking the rigid single speed, I don't think he'll do that again.

After the ride we followed Shawn to Al's for pizza and beer. I was amazed by the beer selection at this little pizza joint in central PA. I just wish I had more time and lived closer. There were a lot more beers I wanted to try. I had to settle for 2, The Ballast Point Sculpin IPA, and the Stone Vertical Epic 10-10-10. Both were very tasty.

I can't wait until the next ride out that way.

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: