Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Back On Track

Not only I am I working again, but I also feel like my riding is back. After a little over training and being sick, I am feeling good again. Last night I didn't have a lot of time so I did a spinnervals tape on the trainer. These tapes are great, You get a great, hard work out in a short period of time. Today was the return of Matt Doyles HILLS FROM HELL. I have ridden these hills several times, but it's not to often that they get strung together. It was supposed to be "the kinder gentler" version. I DON'T THINK SO. It hurt, there is very little recovery because the pace stays pretty high in between. I felt pretty good today. It usually takes me an hour to get warmed up, but I didn't have that luxury today. I didn't attack as much as I usually do because Matt Doyle always catches me, hell he always catches everybody. I almost got him once on the climb after the neighborhood climb. He caught me at the top but I think it hurt him. It was a great group we had: Ted logic, Tom Mc, Jay, DenS, Paul G, a few guys I didn't know and of course Matt (laying down the pain) Doyle. It was a good time. We rolled into the parking lot in under 2 hours. I was a little surprised to see we averaged 18.3 mph.

Tomorrow I will ride my single speed at Granogue for the first time. I have to admit I am a little jacked for this ride. I just hope I have something left after today.
Well that's all folks.

No comments: