Thursday, April 28, 2005

The Battle Continues

Battle!, what batlle? I'll tell you what battle. I have one of the sweetest Single Speeds around, my Desalvo is a flawless piece of art. I also have "Christine", that would be my Ionic. Don't get me wrong it is a great bike when it is working properly, but when it's not, well let's just say it SUCKS. I have had many issues with this bike, and every time I think they are resolved something else goes wrong. Today, I got out of work a little early and hit White Clay hoping for a nice 2 hour ride. Well, Christine had other ideas. This bike has an eccentric bottom bracket, my old frame was a set screw type and that broke twice, the new frame has a bushnell and I am on my second. The first one stipped out, and now the second one keeps slipping out of the frame. This problem really put a damper on tonights ride. I don't know what else to do? The folks at Ionic have been great in the past, but I can't take any more problems. I mean, this is a brand new fucking frame. Knock on wood, I haven't had a single issue with my Desalvo, but I really can't afford another one. I have one more trick up my sleeve and if it doesn't work I don't know what I will do. In the mean time I will just suffer with riding my Desalvo custom ti single speed, poor, poor me.

No comments: