Saturday, May 14, 2005

Sometimes the Little Things Mean a Lot

In years past fatmarc, Alan(the cleaner) Turns and myself would ride Rittenhouse on the Saturday before every race. Rittenhouse is a fun little out and back that takes just under an hour. It is a tricky little trail, that is always changing. There are no climbs or fast descents but it is twisty, rooty, and just plain fun.

Today was the return of this ride. Marc was unable to join us because he is racing the 12 hours of Lodi Farms with Lauri the IF chick. We did have a nice little group of Alan, Matty, and myself. We rolled out at 8:30 and were done about 9:30. It was a blast, except for some really sandy sections the trail was in great shape. I felt on today, I was handling the bike very well. I hope that is a good sign for Neshaminy tomorrow.

After the ride I took a trip to State Line Liquors. Or, as I refer to it "the Church". They have the best beer selection around and I am always looking to try something new. I picked up a six pack of Stoudts Double IPA, a liter of Urthel Samaranth ( a Belgian Quadruple ale) and for Rachael, a 4 pack of Corsendonk Christmas Ale( her favorite Belgian) and a 6 pack of Brooklyn Brown Ale, a beer she likes but hasn't had in a long time. I will let you know how the Stoudts is, but I may save the Urthel for special occasion.

Thanks for reading.
Buddy

No comments: