Sunday, May 15, 2005

Tough Day in the Saddle

I was really excited about racing today. I though I was ready and was hoping for a good result. Just like the previous 3 races the fast guys were out in force. Travis made his way from Pittsburg, Tofer, Marc's buddy Wes the super fast cyclocross guy, Ed Bush decided to race Single Speed class, the return of Todd (who rode awesome today, yes folks Todd is back), Matty (who flatted and still caught me again) Big Ben, Tim, and few others I didn't know.

Even with the stiff competition I was confident. The start was blistering fast. The first half of the lap was a pure hammerfest. I went with the flow and paid the price. I have to remember, I can't start that fast and have a quality race. I started to fade and all but 4 people from my class passed me. Eventually I caught up with matt as he was changing a flat. I was just trying to ride steady and hoping to get my legs back but it never happened. Matt caught me but he was spent too so we decided to ride and finish together. As we were getting to the end of the 4th and final lap I saw one of the guys in our class was not far behind us. We started racing again, man it hurt I was totally cooked but we held him off. Matt was gracious enough to let me beat him for 7th and he was a second behind in 8th. I think we had 11 or 12 in the class today so it was a good turn out.

Well I must go watch the Survivor finally.
Thanks for reading
Buddy

No comments: