Sunday, June 12, 2005

Good Stuff...

This weekend was filled with Good Suff. Saturday we did another epic ride. We only hit 3 parks but we rode more single track and a did a bit more climbing. We had a great group of peolpe out; fatmarc hosted the event (meaning we rode out of his house), Alan the cleaner, Fuzzy, Matty T, Andrew(the proffesor), Slick Rick, Brent Biddle, and two special guests, Wes the super fast guy, and Marc's internet buddy Chris. Marc laid out a good course, we hit a lot of Fair Hill and all of White Clay. It is always fun to show people all the great trails we get to ride every day, and I think Wes and Chris enjoyed themselves. It was another brutally hot day, but after about 45 minutes I was ok, I mean I was hot but it didn't seem to suck the life out of me like it was earlier in the week. I was feeling good and was relieved to be riding well again. I am once again digging riding rigid, after 4 hours my arms didn't feel trashed.

As I said we seemed to do a lot of climbing. On our way up the Boundary Trail Matt did his thing and attacked, I said " don't worry he'll pop half way up" and I could hear marc saying "I am not going to cahse Matt". So I said " Ok, I will" and started to chase him down. I gained a good bit but was having a tough time bringing him all the way back, then just after the 2nd kicker Matt started to fade and I got around him. Marc thought once we caught him it was over but I wanted to be first to the top so I kept pushing, knowing full well I would pay for it later. These kind of antics went on all day. That is what makes our rides special. We all race and we are all very competetive. So as soon as some one goes it is game on. I am truly blessed to be able to ride the caliber of riders we have aroud here. There is a shit load of talent in our little nick of the woods, and you can't help but become a better rider. I am already looking forward to our next epic adventure.

No comments: