Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I'M FEELING HOT,HOT,HOT.....

Our area is currently caught in a little heat wave. It seems the temperatures went from low 70's to low 90's and humid over night. I am not a big fan of the heat, but I can usually deal with it when it is gradual. For the past 2 days I have been working in a hot nasty chemical processing plant. I spent this afternoon out in the blazing sun.

We had some nasty thunderstorms yesterday so I was planning to ride on the road tonight. When I got home and checked my e mail I saw the TNT ride was on. I loaded up my now rigid bike and headed for the ride. We did the usual, hit the Judge at 5:30 and swing back to the lot at 6:00 for the everybody else. We had a good group tonight, Todd was hammering the Judge despite the jungle like heat in the woods. There was also, Paul G, SS Dan, Fuzzy, Alan(sporting his brand new On-One), Mr. perfect, and Micky. Later we picked up Marc. The trip around the judge hurt me pretty bad, but I was hanging on. Todd was still throwing down and Dan who is coming off being sick wasn't feeling it, and Marc didn't get a chance to jump on. I waited for Dan and Marc and let Todd and co. go.

After easing up on the pace I started feeling better, but I was wooped. I rode with Marc for a while as headed for his toaster then split off and headed back myself. I plan on trying to ride in the heat as much as I can to try and get used to it. I must go now I need to drink more water, that's right no BEER tonight.

Thanks for reading
Buddy

No comments: