Sunday, July 31, 2005

Theres No Such Thing As An Easy Race...

Today was the Sewell, NJ race. I was hoping for a good result, but ended up having my worst race of the year. Some how I did manage to finish but it wasn't pretty. I felt Ok at the start and was in the main group, but after just 20 minutes I popped. I wanted to quit and go home with my tail between my legs, but I managed to suffer through all 4 lap. Granted we had a stacked field today with: Wes, FatMarc, Todd, Ransome, Topher, Tim, Big Ben, and a few guys I didn't know. Wes took the win, nice job dude, Marc was 4th, Topher 5th, Todd 6th and pulled in 8th out of 12 total. There were a few DNF'S as well.

I had full intentions of doing the remaining MASS races but I am now having second thoughts. My main problem is I got caught up in the points chase. This just adds extra pressure to each race, plus I feel like I have to do them all. I am giving up on the points chase and I will concentrate the rest of my season on Single Speed worlds and 7 Springs 24 hour race. It is time to step back and re-group.

There were a couple of cool things today. Rachael came out to the race with me, I really like having her there even if I am having a bad day. Chris Allen from Action Wheels gave me a much needed boost with the cheering on the steep climb, Thanks Man It did help a lot. As I was finally finishing my last lap I saw the only guy I was in front of trying to catch me. Just as this was going on Paul Sperenza caught me and I was able to jump on his wheel and drop the guy. Thanks Paul.

I was also feeling sick the whole race, at one point I almost puked. That feeling never really went away, I am sure that didn't help much. Well I am going to crash on the couch and call it a day.

Thanks for reading,
Buddy

No comments: