Thursday, August 04, 2005

That Explains It...


After Sewell I thought I was going to have to take a break and start over. Then I realized, I had been fighting a stomach virus leading up to the race. Which means I hadn't been eating a a whole lot of food. As a matter of fact the day of the race I had a bowl of cereal and half a sandwhich before the race and the cereal was 5 hours before the race. It is no wonder I bonked 2o minutes in. I rode with Matt (run Forrest) on Tuesday and felt much better. So now I am looking forward to redeeming myself at Susquehana.

I am now a Bum once again. I will be returning to work shortly but in the mean time I will take advantage and ride in the mornings. I am meeting L Webb at Fair Hill this morning, then I think I will come home and maybe do a little fishing, if it is not too hot.

Last night Rachael and I went to Iron Hill West Chester for dinner. I was very surprised that we had a 15 minute wait on a Wed. but that was OK. As always the food was good and I don't think I need to tell you about the Beer. After we took a short stroll around the block. West Chester is a pretty cool little town. Plenty of Freeks and Geeks to keep you entertained when all the shops are closed.

Well I have to go ride my bike now, so later and thanks for reading,
Buddy

1 comment:

Fort James said...

Dude,

What is this talk of "redeeming yourself"? No need to do that - - you have had a great season and a long one at that. You were one of the first singlespeeders racing at the early AMBC Spring mountain race and you are doing fine.

That being said, I am sure you will be hammering this weekend!