Sunday, July 03, 2005

Today we decided to ride the Fair Hill course again. Marc was the ride leader, plus he was the only one that remembered the course. We had a very nice group today, fatmarc, Matt Doyle, Jay Jay, Mike K, Kurtee, Leo, even Paul S came out since him and his wife were in town for the weekend. We took off from the same spot as the poker run. Marc was setting a nice steady brisk pace. I was feeling OK but not great. We had a couple of mechanicals and ended up losing Kurt and Mike. The pace was still good as always with Marc it was consistent. He broke it down for Doyle in terms of climbs, basically it is a 4 climb course. He is right about that, sure there are other hills but nothing long and brutal like the 4 mentioned. Me personnaly, I hate #4, Marc doesn't think to kindly of #3. These climbs are pretty spread out except for 2&3, they are pretty much back to back.


Right after Mike and Kurt took off we lost Leo and Paul, I was alittle worried about Paul because he doesn't know any of the trails, but he was with Leo so I knew he would be OK. After that we hit south park and the pace seemed to pick up a little. I was starting to hurt a little but was still hanging in there. We were coming down the yellow trail and I Followed Marc over the tree stunt. Now I have ridden this tree several times before without a problem, until today. Right at the end my back wheel slipped off the tree and I went tumbling down the trail. I sat there for a second and started to assess my various ouchy spots. I hit pretty hard, but got up and kept going. I have to admit I wasn't the same, I was in a little pain and it seemed to take a lot out of me. I also knew climb #4 was coming up. I pressed on and grinded up it. I then proceeded to drift to the back, I knew we were almost done and I was just going to ride easy the rest of the way. It all worked out I caught back on when Matt D flatted. we still did the course in 2:10, not bad with a big crash thrown in. As I was getting ready to head home Leo and Paul came rolling in, seems they did a slightly extended version, but it was all good.

Well, thanks for reading
Buddy

No comments: