Sunday, July 03, 2005

Saturday night I took Rachael out to dinner for her birthday. We tried a new place called the Orchard located near Longwood. It is a pretty upscale restaurant that just happens to be BYOB. That is good for me because that means I will always have good beer when I go there. We got there and they take my bag with the beers in it, they chill them then bring out to you as you need them, pretty cool. We get seated and they hand us menus and little flash lights to read them with. I thought that was kind of cool too. Now for the best part, the Food, Rachael chose a blue chesse, endive, and walnut salad to start the for her meal she had the lamb chops. Both were very, very good. I had the duck and mushroom spring rolls and for dinner went with the lobster rissotto, which also had mussles and clams. Again, both were extermely good. We chose the same desert, a chocolate pistachio tart, which was, you guessed it, delicious. I would recomend this place for special occasions only because it is a bit pricy, but definitely worth it.

No comments: