Monday, August 22, 2005













We also got to hang out with Jeff Jones seen here kicking back with Wes the Conqueror, also check out the mans bike, I have to tell you that thing is really fucking cool. Jeff was a super cool guy and he loves to talk about bikes and I was enjoying hearing what he had to say. I got a lot of useful info from him, he told me how to set up my H Bars the right way and I am looking forward to trying them again. Eventually we hit the bar, I switched to drinking water while most people were slamming beers.

I didn't sleep well that night but I felt ready for the race. The Lemans start was long, and some folks had a problem finding there bikes, Topher. There are so many stories to tell about what went on during the race, but I will be short. The course was awesome, it was dry it was technical and there was a SHIT load of climbing. There was one called Thick Head, it is 4 miles long and gets harder after 2 miles. I think we climbed some where between 4000' and 5000' in 25.5 miles of racing. I felt bad for the first hour or so, but then I started to find a rhythm and felt better. I rode really well in the rocks, even though I didn't clean the bottom of Wild Cat Gap. I finished in under three and a half hours. My boy Wes finished 6th right on Adam Craig's wheel, Awesome ride dude. He finished in just over 2:30. The winner was a guy from Wisconsin that rides for Subaru Gary Fisher, Travis Brown was 2nd. Buck from Gettysburg was your overall winner. He kicked ass on the go-karts to claim the SSWC05 crown. Marla Streb took the win for the women, this was the 2nd year in a row for her.

The boys from State College put on a hell of a party for us Sunday night. There was a band, Free beer, a bike derby, fire in the streets, and a visit from PA's finest. This will go down as one of the best Mountain bike events ever, and I was lucky enough to be a part of it.
It is late and I am exhausted, so thanks for reading.
Buddy

No comments: