Sunday, January 22, 2006

Week One Done...

I am pretty happy with my first week of base. Yesterday Paul led Matt run forrest, fatmarc, and myself around Wissahickon. It was a little harder than base pace, but is was a shitload of fun. This was my second trip to Wiss, and I have to say it is one of my favorite places to ride. Paul and Marc decided to skip the last little section, Matt and I went for it. Matt was flying, I was feeling OK but not that good.











What's this? fatmarc on a geared full suspension bike.
Actually he was being the ultimate Spot Whore by letting somebody try out his Spot 29er.


Today we rode Fair Hill. I met up with Matt and Fitzy for an early start. After an hour we hooked up with the group ride. Todd, Jay Jay, Kurtee, single speed Dan, Alan, and all the way from Mechanicsburg Kieth G (bobby's boy). It was good to see Keith out riding with us again. Todd was being gentle today, and I was trying to take it easy so when he did take off I didn't give chase like I usually do. It was a good pace. When the group decided to call it quits I was at 2:30 hours. I wanted to ride more so I kept going. I felt pretty good today and ended up with 3:30 ride time.
Hopefully I can get in a 4 hour ride next weekend.

Rock On,
Buddy

No comments: