Thursday, March 23, 2006

What Else Can Go Wrong?

Last night I showed up for the Downingtown ride for the first time in a couple of weeks. I was looking forward to nice dry trails, since I don't think I have ever ridden there when it was totally dry. All the usual suspects were out. The ride was going great until we hit a section that somebody tried to block off. We quickly went around and were flying down the hill. On the way down Bob flatted, at the bottom we found out that Chris, Ben and Ryan also flatted. I don't think it was a coincidence. After a while we were rolling again. I was having fun and feeling pretty good, and props to Bob on his secret squirrel training because he was flying last night. The next victim was Mark who flatted, then Rob's light died. Not long after that Rick broke a chain and Craig crashed hard on his shiny new Seven 29er single speed.
We finally seemed to get going again when Big Ben broke his bottom bracket, he was left holding his drive side crank in his hand.

At least the beer was good. By the way only two of us had no issues, Sean and myself, and we were both on Spot Brand 29er single speeds. What does that tell you.

Rock Out,
Buddy

2 comments:

Your Friendly Neighborhood HR Dude said...

eggsellent.
sorry I missed it, I got sick.

Anonymous said...

There may be something to this whole Spot 29'er conspiracy theory...

FYI I fragged a rear derailleur as well. Great summary of the carnage. We now need to find the trail spikers and skin them and eat their eyeballs.