Monday, May 29, 2006

More Riding and a Movie Review...

My plan this weekend was to try and hammer out 3 tough rides in preparation for the 12 O' Muchy race next weekend. Every thing was going fine until I picked up a cold along the way. I spent all of last night tossing and turning and blowing my nose. If you ask me there is nothing worse than a summer cold. Despite feeling tired and crappy I showed up for the ride this morning. The ride was a lap of the Granogue course followed by a tour of Brandywine.

The group was huge and full of some of the fastest folks around. fatmarc, Kurtee, Blair the Super Fast Canadian, Todd El' Presidnte', FFA Amy, John W, Jamie, Green Trek John, and riding in later were, Les the International Man of Mystery, Mike Yozell, his wife and the dude on Phil Wood Kiss Off.

I took the lead around Granogue. The course was in awesome shape, and even though I was feeling a little under the weather I was having fun. I didn't feel too bad at the start, but once we hit the Koppenberg, it was all over. I kind of dropped to the back once we hit Brandywine. Even though I was still having fun and wanted to keep riding, I thought it best to call it a day. I just hope I kick this cold by the weekend.

Sunday afternoon Rachael and I went to see the new X-Men movie. After reading some not so good reviews I didn't know what to expect. I must say we both really enjoyed the movie. Tons of action and few new characters, that I thought were done very well, kept things fresh. I would definitely recommend this movie to whoever was a fan of the first 2. After the movie we hit Victory for some dinner and a couple of mighty fine beverages. Rachael went for the Dark Lager and I had a couple of the Triple Pilsners.

Well I must go try and get better,
Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: