Friday, February 02, 2007

Well On My Way...

After the Shenandoah Mountain 100 last year I vowed to lose weight this off season. This is why I decided to try this cleansing diet, I thought it would be a could kick start towards my goal. It seems to have worked, I lost 15 pounds in 9 days. This means I only need to lose 15 more by April 1st, and since I started my base training this week, that shouldn't be too hard. I am pretty anxious to do a race 25 pounds lighter than I was last year.

My official training season started last night when Matt run Forrest and I did a little ride at White Clay and Middle Run. The trails were great mostly frozen with a few soft but not muddy sections. We were probably going a little above base pace, but it was way to fun to slow down.


I can't wait to get this season started.
Cheers,
Buddy

2 comments:

Frank Brigandi said...

good job bro - do some before and after pics.

van den kombs said...

good job buddy !!
you are going to fly so fast up those climbs at SM100 this year, you'll need to run a tougher gear :)
cheers,
kerry