Monday, January 07, 2008

French Creek Rules...

I love riding French Creek, only problem is I don't ride there enough. Saturday morning the conditions were perfect, cold enough to keep the trails frozen, but not too cold that we were frozen. Joining the ride were Peaches and Jay, Jay. Jay had never been to French Creek before so he was in for a treat. The ride was a blast, even though I was stuggling on the climbs I was having a lot of fun.

Jay showing us the smart way to cross the creek...

Peaches showing us the hard way to cross the creek...

Not shown was me failing twice to ride this little crossing, I fell in both times, but thanks to my new shoes my feet stayed warm and dry.

Now I am already looking forward to my next trip to French Creek.

Later that night was a party at Marc's place, always a good time and lots of good people, not to mention plenty of good beer.

I got to ride again yesterday, this was the first time in a long while I had ridden two days in a row. Big group, with plenty of smack talking, followed by Waffles and beer.

I am looking to get in another good week of riding, hopefully the weather is on my side because I am not ready for the trainer just yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Correction: Jay Jay is showing how you cross the creek with V brakes on your rig. I know the style all too well . . . . .

Jason said...

Those shoes are sweet. Not as over the top as many winter shoes. Nice.