Sunday, February 10, 2008

From Lemons to Lemonade...

Earlier in the week the weather forecast was not looking good for this weekend. But the cycling gods were shining on us here. Saturday was supposed to be rain, instead we just had a little cloud cover. So a small group of us rolled out of Fatmarc's place for some fixed gear fun, well, at least Marc, Jeb Bagger and myself were on fixies, we were joined by some fine riders including, Diane, Rotten Rob, Amazin' Andrew, L Webb, and Ted Logic. I was feeling pretty good on the fixie, and to prove it I attacked every down hill. It didn't take long to figure out that was a bad idea. Oh Well, it was a good ride.

Today it was back to the woods. I didn't know how I was going to feel, but it didn't matter I was just excited to back on the mountain bike. Once again we had a nice group, Leading the way was Todd, joining us was Marc, Peaches, BLR, Kurtee, Blair, Leo, Alan, Mike K and Jay. Things started off at nice steady pace, then some jackass attacked, and the pace got a little spicy. This was the theme for the day, Attack followed by counter attack, followed by hold on for dear life. The hardest part for me was when Blair was pushing Todd up a hill, and it was all I could do to not get dropped. All in all, it was a great ride.

The biggest surprise was how good the trails were, with the exception of a couple of soft spots, they were stellar. I just hope they stay that way for a little while.

Cheers,
Buddy

1 comment:

forty f15teen said...

um. yeah.
glad i bagged on sunday.

good ride saturday though!