Sunday, March 09, 2008

Blown Away...

It figures, just when I feel like I can ride a little more the weather turns to shit. I guess my training really started today. Up til now it has only been a few short rides. Which means I only have about an hour and a half to two hours max. This became very clear on today's ride. First off, I would usually stay home on a day like this. Yeah it was nice and sunny and it wasn't all that cold, but the wind was blowing about 20-30 mph with gust up to 40. Lucky for me a few other brave souls were desperate to ride as well.

Actually the ride was Marc's idea. The rest of the group was Slick Rik, Rotten Rob, Leo, Ted Logic, and for a little while we had Dennis and Jan. I knew I only had an hour and a half in the tank so I tried to take advantage of it. I actually felt OK at first, I was even able to stay in the mix on the first few climbs, but all good things must come to an end.

For the second half of the ride I had to watch Rik and Marc duke it out on the hills. That was Ok by me, I rode pretty well today and I am looking forward to solid week ahead. Let's just hope the weather is on my side.

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: