Sunday, March 02, 2008

Head First...

The ribs are starting to get better, I even managed a couple of very, short very easy rides this past week. Well I have had enough of this pussy footing around. The way I see it, sticking your toe in the water to see how it is is a waste of time, it's better to just dive in head first. That is what today's ride was for me.

Peaches came up with the suggestion of French Creek, I agreed, I love French Creek. So joining us today were, Todd and Les. I knew I was in over my head having not done a real mountain bike ride in like 3 weeks, but I was looking forward to it.

The boys had plenty of time to rest while waiting for me at the top of every climb.


It is a little frustrating, but I know it will come back soon.


Any way, Peaches laid out a nice loop, it was great ride, even if I walked more that I ever have before at French Creek. I even managed to crash on the up hill.


No, that picture was not staged, the only thing missing was me laying on the ground next to it, hoping Les stopped in time.

After the ride Les and I went to Victory for lunch. Since the place is going through major renovations the food was limited, but the beer was good as always.

well I must rest now,

Cheers,

Buddy

No comments: