Sunday, June 01, 2008

Riding With Peaches...

Matt and I have logged a lot of miles together over the years, but with the anticipation and birth of his second child we haven't gotten out as much. We made up for a little lost time this weekend. Yesterday we hit up one of my favs., French Creek. Always a good ride and yesterday was no different, with the exception of a trip to Victory for lunch, also a good choice.

Today was the return of the 4 park ride. We rolled out of Matt's house with Todd, Rotten Rob and Faticus. Peaches was setting a nice brisk tempo through Fair Hill, so much so that I wasn't sure I was going to make all 4 parks. Marc, having raced Saturday, called it a day before we headed to White Clay. On our way through Little Egypt, I felt a little better, but was told to back it down a bit.

It was a bit hot and muggy today so we decided to cut our loop through Middle Run short and head for home. After all there was beer and BBQ waiting for us at Matt's. We still hit all 4 parks, and had a great ride. I think it was around 44 miles, with 3:45 ride time, even though we were out for a little over 4 hours.

I may even take a few days off the bike leading up to the Stoopid 50.

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: