Sunday, March 08, 2009

High Heels, Thongs, and Dishes...

So today closed out my first training block. It has been a pretty tough 3 weeks and I am looking forward to a much needed rest week. Thursday I met up with Peaches for an early afternoon road ride. I even talked him into joining me on efforts. Things were going fine until I twisted a link in my chain, I fixed it but no more efforts.


Friday I spent a few hours hanging out with Rik at Henrys installing a new drive train, cables and bar tape. I have to say I enjoyed hanging out and fixing my bike at the shop.


Yesterday was an easy ride. Just under 2 hours solo. The plan was to have some legs for today. Matt's step Father Charlie agreed to lead a few of us around Lancaster from the business in Oxford. I decided it would be a good idea to ride from my house to the ride, ride 3 hours around the hills of Lancaster, then ride home. Of course the ride there and back is the opposite of flat. Joining the ride today were, Jay, Rotten Bob, and Leo. As always Charlie put together a good loop, which included plenty O' climbing. We rolled back to there shop after a nice 3 hour tour, except it took me just under an hour to get there and I still had to ride home. I was pretty worked, but surprisingly made it home faster than it took me in the morning. My tally was just over 75 miles in just under 4:30 hours, did I mention the over 6000' of climbing.


So I decided it was time for a beer.


What better beer to drink than one I brewed...

Cheers,

Buddy

1 comment:

JenBob said...

damn fine beer.

I assume you want the bottle back?