Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm Shipping Up To Boston...

When a few guys from work mentioned a trip to Boston for a concert I was intrigued. I had heard of Dropkick Murphy's, I knew they were an Irish Punk band from Boston. I had know idea how big of a deal this was.


The plan was to hop on the 11:36pm train on Friday night and wake up in Boston Saturday morning. Check out some of the town, hit the concert Saturday night and be on one of the first trains out Sunday morning.Sean, Dave and Jimmy the Kid.

We caught the train packing a few beverages and were off. It was a long train ride, the train stopped at every little station from Wilmington to Boston. I swear one of them was nothing more than a phone booth and a platform. I didn't get any sleep, no matter how hard I tried. We rolled into Boston and made our way to our hotel. Nice place, but our room wasn't ready so we decided to hit the Sam Adams Brewery. Awesome tour that was free, and came with free beer at the end.


The tour was great and they had a few beers you can't get anywhere but there. This all took place at 10:30 am.


After the tour it was back to the hotel for showers, then off to Quincy Market for a late lunch. Nice seafood place. Our next stop was a bar near The House of Blues where the concert was, this was also by Fenway Park.


The Cask and Flagon is pretty cool bar, we hung out there until about a half hour before the show. The show started a little after 7:00 pm. It was really freakin' good. Those guys know how to put on a show. If you have never seen Dropkick Murphy's I suggest you do, even if your not into Punk, you will not be disappointed. After the show we went back to the room for a couple of minutes then decided to hit another bar around the corner. The Asgard, awesome beer selection.

Finally after some pizza delivery it was time to crash at 2:40 am. This means I was up for 46 hours straight, and spent most of those hours with a beer in my hand. Needless to say I was pretty beat when I finally got home last night, but it was definitely worth it.

Cheers,

Buddy

No comments: