Monday, June 06, 2011

Iron Hill...

I had no intention of racing Iron Hill, but after a short conversation with L Webb, I was in. First off props to Dennis for putting together the best, and the longest Iron Hill course I have ever done. the weather was perfect, and the course was blazing fast. I decided to do the 4 hour Enduro single speed. The only problem with that is, Iron Hill is really bumpy, which made my rigid fork not the smartest choice.

We had a nice compound set up right on course which made feeds really easy. My goal was 5 laps of the 7.25 mile course. I felt really good the first couple of laps, and was cruising in the top 5, then my lower back started hurting. I thought a quick stop and stretch would help, it did not. My back just got progressively worse. Then on lap 5 I started cramping. I was surprised because it wasn't that hot, and I was drinking plenty. I finished my 5TH lap and decided to call it a day, despite having 20 minutes left to start my 6TH lap. In hind sight, I think I probably should have suffered through, but I did my 5 laps and was content with that. It would have meant the difference between 10TH and 5TH, but so be it.

Nice job to Marc and Travis for having a great race, plus they stopped to help Ben when he crashed out. I felt bad for L Webb who crashed out on her 5TH lap and called it a race. FSVS put on a nice race, and once again Dennis out did himself.

Not sure what my next race will be, but this one looks fun.

Who Knows,
Cheers,
Buddy

3 comments:

thekettleblackest said...

Dude, what happened to that sweet Titus?!

Buddy said...

Oh, it was at home. I seem to climb a bit better on the one speed.

thekettleblackest said...

Ah...might have made things a wee bit easier on the back..