Sunday, August 30, 2015

French Food...


  So one of the best parts of my trip was the cuisine. The food there was absolutely amazing. One dish in particular was Tartiflette. This a very region specific dish that requires a very region specific cheese. 



 This is the dish I had in France. 

 When I got home I started researching the recipe and ingredients.  I quickly discovered the cheese was going to be hard to find. One day I had a chance to stop in Whole Foods and viola, I found it.


  It was pretty expensive, but I figured it would be. I went over a lot of recipes and settled on one that was close to what I had.

  




  It's not a complicated dish. It's basically potatoes, bacon, onion, creme fraiche, and reblochon cheese. And I have have to say it turned out better than I expected. It was very close to what I had in France.  



  We even have some left overs. 


Thanks for reading,
Cheers,
Buddy

  

1 comment:

Johnny White said...

One of the most satisfying things about riding in different places is soaking in its culture. And, obviously, part of it is the cuisine. Thanks for sharing this, Buddy. The food looks absolutely delish! Thanks as well for writing the ingredients.