Monday, June 06, 2016

New Venture

  It has been a long time since I posted anything. Life has been cruising along. Towards the end of last summer I started looking into a Cross Country full suspension bike. I looked at a lot of them, Cannondale Scalpel, Specialized FSR, Scott Spark, and Trek Fuel. I was just looking, then I saw a post about KTM Bikes. I knew they made incredible motorcycles, but mountain bikes? I looked a little closer and I was impressed. They were soliciting Ambassadors, on a whim I filled out the application and was surprisingly accepted. Now the tough decision, which bike to buy. I had an idea what I was looking for, but without being able to see them in person let alone test ride one, it was going to be a tough decision. I ended up going with the Scarp 27Prestige 11s.
 This is by far the nicest bike I have ever owned. The first ride was like a first date, a bit awkward and unfamiliar. Between the different wheel size, 27.5, the steep head tube angle, and the rear suspension, there was going to be a learning and set up curve. I've made some tuning and fit adjustments along the way, swapped out the tires, and it really came together.

 Last weekend I put it to the test on the trails at the Virginia Mountain Bike Festival in Stokesville. Read more about that here.
 The only downfall, is after a couple surgeries and injuries I now have a stronger sense of self preservation. This means I am not the aggressive rider I once was, so this bike may never go as fast as it is capable of, but I will certainly try.

 Thanks for reading,
Cheers,
Buddy


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good day! I'd like to share our new app for bicyclist like you all. It's called Yazda App it's newly released so we would really appreciate your feedback about it if you can. Thank you and have a good one!