Friday, January 28, 2005

Not riding is killing me

Due to the recent 10 inches of snow, riding outside has been impossible. The trails are unridable and the roads are not safe. I don't know about most people but if I can't ride my Bike outside I turn into a miserable bastard.

My friend Matt and i are going to try and ride a road that has a shoulder out and back today. 273 is a comon road around here that is hilly but usually has a wide shoulder that gets cleared of snow. The only proble is when i woke up this morning the temperature was -1, factor in the wind and the fact that we will be moving about 17 miles an hour and the road is pretty open = one cold ass ride. When I think about the alternative of riding my trainer in the basement, my decision gets a little easier.

Also My coach www.fatmarc.com has me doing 11 hours of base this week. Well it is Friday and I have a grand total of 1 hour, and that hour was on the trainer yesterday. I have never been one to spend a lot of time on the trainer. Actually an hour is about my limit. So I guess I will have to bundle up and suck it up, and ride 273 for 2-3 hours today. At least I will have company, that is unless Matt wimps out on me. Of course I will point this out to him. It's amazing what you can get people to do when you call them a pussy.

Well I let you know how it went today.

Buddy

2 comments:

gwadzilla said...

I need to get motivated
on the trainer
on the bike in the cold
or maybe a second yoga class a week
no... don't laugh
I know that I look like an SNL skit when I do YOGA
perhaps I don't look pretty
but somehow
I seem to feel really good when I leave

and no
it is not all that time watching women in interesting poses
cause actually
when in YOGA for the most part I am too busy trying to do Yoga to get more than a peek

gwadzilla said...

I need to get motivated
on the trainer
on the bike in the cold
or maybe a second yoga class a week
no... don't laugh
I know that I look like an SNL skit when I do YOGA
perhaps I don't look pretty
but somehow
I seem to feel really good when I leave

and no
it is not all that time watching women in interesting poses
cause actually
when in YOGA for the most part I am too busy trying to do Yoga to get more than a peek