Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Bad day turned good

I had planned to ride today. I was going to hook up with Matt and head out for 2-3 hours. The plan was to head out in the morning because ti was supposed to rain in the afternoon. Matt called at 8:00am to figure out where and when we were riding today, he also suggested calling Lauri to see if she wanted to join us. I called Lauri and she was in, we were going to leave from my house at 10:00. About 8:30 my wife and I took the dogs out for a walk, I noticed it was raining. It was a light rain and it looked like it wasn't going to last. Not long after getting back with the dogs, it started raining pretty good. It was a little after 9:00 and I thought I would get a couple of phone calls saying no ride today. I sarted watching the weather on the web and saw it was not that big of a shower and should blow out of here.

It is now 9:40 and no phone calls, that means Matt and Lauri are on ther way, I am thinking it must be raing down ther way. Lauri gets here at about 10 of 10 and it was raining. We were still going to ride it just wasn't going to be a whole lot of fun. Matt shows up a couple of minutes later We decide to give it a few more minutes to stop before we head out. We finally hit the road about 10:30, we have to ride out my driveway which is a dirt road and very wet and muddy. It is not easy going.

We eventually get to the pavement and we are off. Matt had a loop planned and we would have an oppertunity to cut it off at 2+ hours or tack on 45 minutes towards the end. As the ride goes on the sun starts to come out and the day is getting much better. In the end we decided to do the extra miles and ended up having a great ride. I must say I am loving riding alot this winter.
I just hope it pays off this race season.
Thanks for reading
Buddy

No comments: