Sunday, February 06, 2005

Country Living

http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=26046130806&page=1&sort_order=0I was born and raised in the suburbs. I was always within 5 minutes of everything, malls, major highways, etc. Then I met my wife. You see I was living by myself in a townhouse. The neighborhood was going to crap and it sucked. I was dating my wife at the time and she lived in the country. Her house was part of her job. She works with horses and it is quite common for employers to provide a place to live.

I found myself spending more and more time at her house. It was quiet and peaceful. Plenty of open land, and when you were driving down the road people actually waved to you. I never thought I would like bring in the country let alone living there. But after awhile I fell in love with it and started to hate civilation.

Eventually we moved in together, I sold my townhouse. Then my wife changed jobs so we had to move a couple of times but we finally ended up here and it is awesome. It is not perfect, I have a long drive to get to work and bike rides, we live on a dirt road so my truck is always dirty, and we can't get pizza delivered. These are very small prices to pay when I sit at the kitchen table and watch the sunset, or step out at night and see a sky full of stars.
Life is good.

No comments: