Wednesday, May 11, 2005

NOT AGAIN.......

I am by no means a small guy, but I am not the biggest mountain biker either. Yet I have broken 3 carbon seat posts in the past 6 months. The first was while racing at Michaux last fall, it was an Easton. The second was an Answer about a month ago. Yesterday I hit the trifecta. While riding the skills trail at White Clay I snapped my FSA carbin post almost on half. I had to ride about 20 minutes standing to meet up with Matt. He was nice enough to give me a ride to his house and lend me a post so I could finish a ride.

The ride was a blast, except for the broken post. The folks at White Clay have added a teeter totter to hte skills trail, it is really cool. Matt and I hammered for about an hour and a half, which was good because I had an hour in already. While we were headed for the church we passed thr Tuesday night Titans ride. Todd looked to be leading at a blistering pace. It was a good group with my boy fatmarc riding second wheel. I also caught a glimpse of; John C, Paul G, Jay C, and Andrew. There were a few others but I didn't have time for intruductions. Like Matt said, 70 degrees and sunny and everybody is out riding there bike. I was gald to see so mant folks in the group.

Well I have a shiny new Thompson post on my bike now, I gave up a few grams of weight but at least it won't break.
Well thanks for reading.
Buddy

No comments: