Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Reflection and Recovery

It has been a couple of days since Neshaminy and I have had time to think about it. There were a lot of positive things to take from the race; 1st I get to race with an awesome group of guys every week, we have blast and everybody has a kind word when we are done, 2nd The course was a lot of fun, dry and fast, I had a tough day but it was fun, 3rd as we were getting near the end of our last lap a guy in our class was coming on strong and Matt and I were able to hold him off even though we were both spent. So After all that I am happy with where I am right now. I also Had a talk with my coach and he reminded me, this is my first year as an expert and it is a tough change. Longer races and faster competition. I do like the challenge and I look forward to next year when I have more experience.

Now for todays ride. I avoided the TNT ride so I could take it easy. I have been pushing hard with not a lot of rest. I hit Middle run at 4:00 then met up with Matty, and Bill doh at White Clay at 5:00. The White Clay trail boys are at it again, they put in another log trick on the Brian's field loop. It is pretty cool. We hit all the fun stuff and I even rode the slinky spot. We went down Shock and Awe so fast it was like a blur, man I love that trail. We took our time going up the boundary trail, only to fly down the fun part. It was a good ride and I was able to take it easy. Hopefully I can come out at French Creek with a little more than I had Sunday.

Thanks for reading.
buddy

No comments: