Sunday, October 09, 2005

Kennett Brewfest...












Neither rain nor sleet nor gloom of night could keep these beer lovers from the Kennett Brewfest. I want to start by saying, nice job to the folks that put this event on. They put everything under tents so the over 1000 people that showed up, some from as far as Montreal, could stay dry while they sampled some of the finest craft brewed beers in the country.

It started with the connoisseur tasting which was limited to 200 people. The brewers brought out there special stuff for this session. I enjoyed many fine brews including, Omegang's Omegeddon, Dogfish, Raison D'extra, and my favorite Stones, Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale ( I had quite a few samples of that one) The folks from the brewfest also provided plenty of water and food. In the past I made the mistake of just drinking beer. Not this time, I took in lots of water and kept munching on food. I am glad I did because I feel fine this morning.

After a brief break the main event started. There were dozens of brewers on hand. I tried at least one sample from each. I have to say I was impressed, I think there were only a couple of beers that were OK the rest were very good to awesome. I got to talk to a lot of folks, mostly because people kept coming up to me and asking, "Do I know you" Of course I didn't know any of these peolpe, but I introduced myself and talked a little. One couple in particular, (sorry I do not remeber there names) knew me from Henry's. They are both cyclist and very nice folks.

By 3:30 I had tried many different beers and was ready to go. I called my wonderful wife, who dropped me off and picked me up, and told her to pick me up at 4:00. Thanks Babe.

This event is growing bigger every year and the folks from the Kennett Historic preservation society that put it on do a fantastic job. They make improvements every year. You can bet I will be there again next year, hopefully I can drag some friends with me.

Thanks for reading,
Buddy

No comments: