Saturday, February 11, 2006

Single Speed Base Miles?

I have been in base mode for 4 weeks now. I have hit my hour goals every week, and the bulk of those hours have been spent on my single speed. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? It can be difficult to take it easy on a single speed, even though I have really tried. No matter how easy you ride you are still using a lot of power. I wonder if this will have an effect on me later in the year? Only time will tell. Right now I feel pretty good. I won't make the same mistake I made last year by not getting enough rest.

I tried to tone my base down this week. The idea was less total hours but with one big ride. That ride came today. A very large group of us met at fatmarc's house for a nice base pace 3 park tour. The group was, Marc, Matt, Mike K, John C, L Webb, Jeb Bagger, Kurtee, Dougie fresh, Single speed Dan, Jay Jay, and two special guests Wes the Conqueror, and Dave I locked my keys in the car Crouse. The ride was awesome. Marc set a nice pace through all of Fair Hill. After Fair Hill we made our way to Rittenhouse. Some how I ended up at the front. I tried to keep things even but there are sections of that trail that demand to be ridden fast. Our next stop was Iron Hill. We did a small loop there then started making our way back. We lost a few folks along the way but that happens on epic rides.
The day ended with Matt and I trying to get that last little bit of single track. Since it is currently snowing it's ass off, it may be a while before we are on the trails again.

Thanks for reading,
Buddy

No comments: