Saturday, March 04, 2006

Highs and Lows...

Wednesday night I met up with the Beans boys for our weekly ride at Downingtown. I had been feeling pretty good lately and was hoping for a spirited ride. Well the group did throw down a nice fast ride, unfortunately I was feeling like shit. I had nothing, I was barely hanging on to the back of the group. I tried not to make a big deal out of it, but it did worry me. You all know how that little sliver of doubt can work it's way into your head. I decided to take the next 2 days off. After all this is a rest week for me.











waiting for fatmarc and Wes the Conqueror

Today the ride was a 4 hour tour of Fair Hill.

It started kind of strange. We all met up at Marc's house but he wasn't there. Turns out he tried to play plumber a half hour before the ride and was unsuccessful, so he and Wes were on there way to Home Depot. We decided to ride and we would meet Marc and Wes later. The group was huge today, Matt Run Forrest, Amazing Andrew, L Webb, Jeb Bagger, Elk, Fuzzy, Alan, Fort James, Ted Logic, Fitzy,Kurtee, DenS, fatmarc, Wes The conqueror, Bard and Randy. The ride was good I felt like myself again and we were having a great ride. On our way to South Park Mark Elsasser aka The Elsassanator, snapped a pair of Race Face cranks. Between him and Todd I have now witnessed 4 sets of the cranks braking.

The rest of us pushed on. We were finishing up South Park when we all heard a loud scream from the middle of the group. Turns out Andrew got caught in a frozen tire rut and ran head first into a tree. Luckily he was OK, a little blood but he rode back to Marc's. He seemed more concerned about the bike than his face, gotta love that about the guy.

The ride continued and we lost some more folks along the way. In the end we did 3:30 hours and finished with just 6 out of 16, like Marc said people do these rides until they get what they want then they split off.

Tomorrow will be another epic ride. A 4 park ride from Matt's place. Should be fun.

Rock on,

Buddy

1 comment:

Glibbidy said...

The Elsassanator? We used to call him Elk in college. I haven't seen that guy for a log time