Sunday, May 21, 2006

A little Party and a NOT Race...

Friday night fatmarc hosted a most fabulous party. It was a little send off to our friends L Webb, Bryan, Jeb Bagger, and Queen of the Indo Board Megan. Lots of folks showed up and it was a great time. I heard a few folks stayed well past 2 am. Rachael and I got there a little before most, and I was glad for that. Why do you ask? Well Marc has a neat little toy. I thought it looked cool and decided to give it a try. This was a big mistake. While trying to gain my balance the board shot out from under me. I was parallel to the ground about 4 feet in the air. That wasn't the bad part, the bad part was the landing. I landed hard on my ribs. Luckily there weren't that many people there to witness my acrobatics, and the people that were there at least waited until I got up to start laughing.

I didn't think it was that bad, I even went out for traditional easy pre-race ride on Saturday morning. It wasn't bothering me a whole lot. So today I decided to go ahead and do the Neshaminy Race. I loaded up the truck, Rachael even came along. We swung by to pick up Les The International Man of Mystery and made our way to Langhorn.

My class was freakin Huge, they really do need to split up my class. I knew I was going to have a tough time getting to the woods early. I went in about 20th or so. I figured I would sit back until the second climb then attack. Before the climb I stacked it pretty hard, I even got ran over. I got back on and when I hit the climb a went for it. This is when I realized my ribs were killing me. I couldn't pull up on the bars and it was hard to take a deep breath.

I finished my lap and was going to call it quits. I stopped and talked to Rachael for a few minutes and decided to try another lap. It wasn't happening, I was in too much pain, so I pulled out. I was pretty pissed. I hate dnfing a race, and this was the second time this year. I wasn't alone though, fatmarc was in the top 10 when he had stomach issues and had to pull out. Matt run Forrest was in the top 5 when he flatted. So it was a rough day fro the Spot team, except for Spot Paul, who took 5th in the SS class.

Well it is late and I am sore and tired.

Peace,

Buddy

2 comments:

Buddy said...

No offense taken. I wish I had it on video so i could see the elevation.

Jason said...

Ribs suck! I hurt mine a few year ago. Hurt to even take a dump. Good luck. JM