Monday, December 11, 2006

Big Group Behind Me...

It has been a while since one of our group rides had more than 5 or 6 people show up. On Sunday we broke that trend. A whole bunch of folks came out to enjoy the fun, fast, frozen trails of White Clay and Middle Run. Matt run Forrest, Ted Logic and I rode in from Matt's house in Landenberg. We met the rest at White Clay. Todd El Presidente', Alan the Cleaner, K-Man, Fuzzy, his friend Allen, John C and Kurtee rounded out our group.
I had a nice loop in mind so I got the party started. I think I was feeling little too good because I was asked to tone it down a bit. After that I just tried to stay steady. We kept running to all kinds of people. There was a group of Guy's guys, Jay, Tim, and John, plus we ran into Fort James with Brad and Randy, not to mention a lots of other folks enjoying the nice day.
To me the highlight of the ride was the section of the Skills Trail. It was really f***ing cool, a plank bridge to a teeter totter, to a cable suspended bridge, to a really high teeter totter, topped off with a pretty steep drop. The trail building Gurus have out done themselves this time.
I really enjoyed this ride from the peolple to the trails, it is days like this that make me love riding my bike.
Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: