Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's All About the Flow...

Recovery from last weekend has been slow. I didn't ride until Wednesday, which was a special ride because Rachael joined me. She doesn't get to ride nearly as much as she would like to, so when we get out together it always fun.



Thursday I did some scouting of the Granogue course, since I am the course director this year. I rode a couple of laps, not the best place to ride when you are trying to recover.



The weather forecast was calling for rain yesterday so I wasn't sure if I would get to ride or not. I woke up to sunshine and birds singing and decided to hit up White Clay/Middle Run. Marc and Diane met up with me. Diane went off and did her own thing, while Marc and I got into the flow of some fast dry single track. The legs felt pretty good and the bike seemed to have a mind of it's own.



It has taken me a while to get used to all the new trails, but I think I finally have it all dialed in. It was an awesome ride, but of course Diane had to out work us and ride 20 minutes longer than we did.

Today was a little taste of Brandywine, Les led Marc, Paul and I on another stellar loop. My legs felt good, but I was having a hard time with the new bike in the rocks, it was riding rocks for the first time. Still had fun though.

Weather is looking grim for next weekend, I hope that changes, cause I may just be a fair weather racer this year.

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: