Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My Return To TNT...

In years past I made the Tuesday Night Titans ride a part of my weekly schedule. This year I have made few appearances. Last night I returned, and with good reason. Our friend Keith G was in town, and I love riding with Keith.

Keith, Ted Logic and I got a bit of an early start, hit a good part of Middle Run and went to meet up with the group. We had a nice posse making our way to the Judge, Peaches, Todd, Jay, and new guy Matt. Some how I ended up on the front, with Todd on my wheel I tried to blow up the group and make him proud.

After that we went back to pick up the 5:30 group. John C, and Paul jumped in with us. We made a b-line for White Clay, the trails were really fast and I was feeling pretty good. When we hit the boundary trail Todd told me about his race with Paul, Todd went up the cart path and Paul went up the single track. We hit it pretty fast, but Todd dropped off just a tad and I went. I have to say I don't think I have ever gone up that trail that fast, man that hurt. I knew someone was coming, either Jay or John but I saw no one, until near the top when I saw Jay chasing hard. We got to the top the at the same time as John.

That was pretty much the nail in the coffin for me, and we pretty much just rolled back to the cars. I have to say this was one of my favorite TNT rides, and now that we are into the off season, I may do a few more.

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: