Sunday, November 30, 2008

Beer Time...

I must apologize for the lack of content lately, but in all honesty, there isn't much going on. I haven't done any beer posts in a while, until now.

I have had a couple of tasty big beers recently. Both of these beer come from the same brewer, and both of them have been aging in my basement. First on the list is,



Stone's 11TH anniversary Ale. This is last years anniversary beer, and a fine one at that. They call it a Black IPA, I call really good beer. It is dark, it is hoppy with hints of chocolate and nuts. Not quite a stout, but definitely in the neighborhood. Lucky for me I have a couple of bottles left.



Tonight I went with the Double Bastard. I have been aging this beer for 4 years, and it was well worth the wait. There is no doubt Arrogant Bastard is Stone's signature beer. Well the Double Bastard is Arrogant on steroids. this is a really big, strong ale, which I have to say has aged well. In fact I am having a hard time typing after drinking this one. I think it is best described as Arrogant Bastard meets Old Guardian Barleywine. Bold, yet subtle and quite warming.



Unfortunately, this was my last one of these.



Cheers,



Buddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about a little Michaux lovin' with the pint glasses! Try some of that Clipper City Winter Storm if you haven't had it yet. See what you think.