Thursday, June 04, 2009

Well Blow Me Down...

I got a message from Frank Maguire that he was going to be in town on Tuesday and wanted to ride White Clay. I am always happy to show people around our trails, so we set up a meeting place and time. Turns out Frank got held up in State College, which turned out to be a good thing, and was running late. It worked out that we could catch the TNT ride. In the mean time a vicious storm blew through the area. Lots of rain and wind. The trails had been dry so I figured they would be fine.

The trails were fine, but there was another issue. It seems the small storm cell was packing 75 mph winds which blew over every other tree in the park. I have seen damage after hurricanes and the damage paled in comparison. We spent more time trying to get around or over fallen trees, we even had to turn around a couple of times. I felt kind of bad that Frank didn't get a good ride in, but what little trail we were able to ride was kind of fun.

I know chainsaws will be busy in the next few days, if it ever stops raining that is.

I guess its all Fair Hill for a while.
Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: