Monday, April 26, 2010

Calm Before The Storm...

The labor is all but done, the course is looking great, fingers crossed it is dry this weekend. I know the few readers I have are probably tired of hearing about Granogue, but it is all I have been able to think about. In the weeks before the race it is my job to make sure the course is ready, since these trails don't see any action except for the race, this is always a challenge. I have to say things seemed to come together pretty quickly this year, and I think those racing will appreciate our hard work.

I know it has been raining for a couple of days, but on Saturday the trails were damn near perfect. We had a nice group of volunteers out to ride, and everyone seemed happy with the course. To celebrate we made a trip over to Brandywine for a little more riding. I have to say the trails in Brandywine were the best I have ever seen them, they gave a new meaning to Super Hero Traction. Thanks to Les for leading us around a wonderful loop.

So if you are up for the challenge of what I think is the hardest race in the Mid-Atlantic Super Series, I suggest you go here and register.

Cheers,
Buddy

No comments: